The Honors Scholar Program
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
We invite incoming freshmen to learn more about the benefits and requirements for this prestigious program and apply to become an Honors Scholar by visiting the links on the left. The application window opens mid-September and closes the first Friday of December.
The Honors Program
The DuBois Campus Honors Program also provides opportunities for students who excel academically to participate in specialized courses and opportunities, allowing them to engage at a higher level.
All current students are welcome to apply at the beginning of the fall semester each academic year. An e-mail will be distributed within the first week of classes, to apply, simply reply with the required information.
The mission of the Penn State DuBois Honors Scholar and Honors Program is to promote:
- Achieving academic excellence with integrity
- Building a global perspective, and
- Creating opportunities for leadership and civic engagement.
- To educate individuals who will have an important and ethical influence in the world; affecting academic, professional, civic, social, and business outcomes.
- To improve educational practice and to be recognized as a leading force in honors education nationwide.
For more information on the programs, please contact Emily Thomas, Certified Wildlife Biologist, Lecturer in Wildlife Technology at [email protected], 814-375-4746 or Evelyn Wamboye, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Business and Economics at [email protected], 814-375-4856.
**Note: The Delta Mu Sigma Honor Society is a student club at Penn State DuBois. For information on Delta Mu Sigma, please contact Prof. Anthony Vallone, [email protected].