The Campus community is encouraged to nominate an outstanding PSU DuBois Staff member who goes above and beyond his/her normally assigned job responsibilities, perhaps by resolving a particularly difficult dilemma, being exceptionally creative, or being responsive to others regardless of status, for the Staff of the Year Excellence Award.
- All staff are eligible – full-time and part-time staff
- Anyone at the campus (faculty, staff, and students including self) may submit a nomination.
- Every nomination is considered on its own merit and will be given equal consideration.
- Nominators must complete the online nomination form
- Takes the initiative in carrying out tasks effectively and efficiently, is resourceful and has problem-solving skills.
- Makes outstanding contributions to their immediate work unit as well as the Campus and University as a whole.
- Is involved in self-improvement activities (continues to seek opportunities for personal and professional growth and development and volunteers on committees).
- Demonstrates commitment to and support of University values, including integrity, respect, responsibility, discovery, excellence, and community.
- Exhibits professionalism in the workplace to include reliability, commitment, quality of work, etc.
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and professionalism. Dedicated to focus on customer service.
- Promotes productive relationships across units and/or organizations. Substantially demonstrates an ability and willingness to work positively, respectfully, and effectively with others.
- Call for nominees. Nominees will be taken from current faculty, staff and students by February 15, 2020. This deadline will allow the award winner to be nominated in late March for the Penn State Educational Office Professional (PSEOP) staff awards at University Park.
- Nominations will be reviewed by Staff of the Year Excellence Award Committee Chair and Chancellor’s office for content and qualification. Any non-qualifying nominations will be eliminated and reported at committee meeting.
- Eligible nominees will be contacted for permission to review the candidate’s performance review standing for the selection process. Once permission is granted, appropriate reports will be provided to the committee.
- Selection committee will meet – Chancellor (after first year, previous award winner), Faculty Congress Chair and SGA President or representative.
- Winner will be selected and asked to be at the spring commencement ceremony.
- Award will be announced by the Chancellor during the spring commencement ceremony. The recipient will receive an honorary Lion Statue.
- An award recipient must wait 2 years to be eligible to receive the award again.
Faculty, staff and students:
Please describe your nominee’s qualifications in a narrative form. Your nomination should include sections on initiative/self-improvement and professionalism/teamwork as outlined below, with as many specific examples as possible:
Describe how the staff member takes the initiative in carrying out tasks effectively and efficiently; possesses resourcefulness and problem-solving skills; and makes outstanding contributions to their immediate work unit, Campus and/or the University as a whole.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- The award recipient will be based on the number and quality of nominations that are validated by the Chancellor’s office using data acquired through the review process. If nominations received do not meet the established criteria, there will be no nominee receiving the award for the year.
All nominations must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. on February 20, 2020.